Cut up fruits and veggies to release nutrients for skin
Crush and chop to release enzymes
Soaking reduces phytic acid in beans and grain that can block absorption of nutrients
3. Store your food correctly
All veggies and fruits like the frig except berries and root veggies.
Use vitamin C to help preserve cut fruits
Clean herbs and store in water or wrap in paper towel and place in frig.
4. Water soluble eat raw
Kale and spinach
Avocado and bell peppers
If you like them heat, sauté, blanch, steam and roast, stay away from boiling
5. But on the other hand, some veggies and fruits love the heat!
Again, staying away from boiling because so much gets lost in the water. Solution: try to preserve and make into a nice stock
6. Pairing, like a nice wine with dinner fruits and veggies like other fruits and veggies and fruits and veggies love healthy fats!
Greens love lemons and strawberries
Sautéed spinach and mushrooms love evoo
Eggs love avocado’s
7. Remember frozen is good! Often fruits and veggies are flash frozen right from harvest. Do your research, frozen is a great way to get in your fruits and veggies on those busy mornings or evening meals.
8. Keep it simple! Try new combinations of things…do you homework…food is good!
Stacie A. Zamperini M.Ed.